Thursday, April 21, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
Ted and I worked all weekend to get this mantle and a spice cabinet installed (I've been working on the pieces for about 2 weeks). It's not a pro job, but I am happy with it.... We are not finished with the cabinet yet. Will post that when we are finished... I ran into some technical difficulties...
|It's made of the cheapest grade of lumber, so it's kind of rough....4 coats of paint and a lot of sanding helped but did not hide all the flaws...|
|close up of edging that I added...It was a challenge to get it to conform to the curve....|
|We still have the 'hole in the wall' above the fireplace. I hung the painting on a piano hinge so that i can still open it and use it for storage of stuff that should probably be thrown out...|