Monday, April 11, 2011

My New Mantle

 Ted and I worked all weekend to get this mantle and a spice cabinet installed (I've been working on the pieces for about 2 weeks).  It's not a pro job, but I am happy with it....  We are not finished with the cabinet yet.  Will post that when we are finished... I ran into some technical difficulties...

It's made of the cheapest grade of lumber, so it's kind of rough....4 coats of paint and a lot of sanding helped but did not hide all the flaws...


close up of edging that I added...It was a challenge to get it to conform to the curve....

We still have the 'hole in the wall' above the fireplace.  I hung the painting on a piano hinge so that i can still open  it and use it for storage of stuff that should probably be thrown out...

2 comments:

  1. I/m thinkin it looks pretty good. I guess I didn't realize you didn't have a mantle. Your talents are never ending! At least your using all those power tools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mantle but where did my fav wallhanging go? and whats up with all this domestic housework $@%*(*&^? shouldn't you be sewing? LOL ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete